Where Has Fuyu Been?September 9, 2008 at 12:23 am | Posted in Personal | 13 Comments
I bet people have been wondering that. I’ve only been kind of slow for a little over a week, but on the internet a week seems like AGES. Especially when a lot of my readers come to check Simplicity everyday instead of using the magic of RSS and Blog Readers.
I somehow feel like I owe an explanation. So even though I like to keep personal posts out of my anime blog, here goes.
The short answer to the question would be that I’m in school. Hence megane Fate at a desk in school
I’m attending the local community college as a Dual-Enrollment Student so I don’t have to return to high school to make up for last year. Of course, I missed last year because I was sick for 80% of the year, and by the time I was well enough to return, it wasn’t even worth it. So, instead this year I’m taking college courses and earning high school credit that way.
It takes some getting used to. Doing homework again and reading like normal. I’m still adjusting my personal schedule so I can do things properly. I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so I’m setting aside Saturday to be my 100% free day so I can catch up on blogging and other things. Everything else will take some getting used to.
As an example, I still have another twenty pages to read for my class tomorrow (and it’s 11:30 at night…yikes).
Of course, all of this is even more difficult to handle with my certain little health…problems. But as expected, getting out every day is building up my ability to…get out every day (without the complete lack of consciousness that would normally follow).
Though, I do own up to some regular and selfish laziness. I’m trying to figure out Sony Vegas so I can get back to making AMVs. Before I started up my blog that was my major hobby which has virtually dwindled down to…well nothing.
I also picked up some random anime DVDs with some of what’s left of my money and had to watch those. Mainly Gurren Lagann since the final volume came out this week. I waited quite a while to watch Gurren Lagann despite being spoiler-slapped a bunch of times because it had already been licensed when I thought of checking it out. I like buying anime and being a fansub and raw watcher has made me miss the days when I used to be able to sit back and watch an anime for the first time without any distractions.
Even when I’m watching Code Geass or Macross F, I generally have a dozen other windows open and it takes me 45 minutes to watch about 22 minutes of anime. I kind of want to go the DVD route with Gundam 00, but I completely fear spoilers for mecha anime. Outside of Gurren Lagann, not many have been able to hold my attention if I know what’s going to happen.
Oh and yeah…because I mentioned Gurren Lagann, it needs to be said: Fucking awesome. It became my favorite anime in the first ten minutes of the first episode. I think I’m going to shell out the money to buy copies of the version with the dub just so I can force my brother back into anime, because I’m positive this could finally do it. Even though he hates Gainax. (If he comes home before the dub gets released on DVD though I can force him to listen to the much more epic Japanese version too…)
Moving on though, I also have my ongoing job-hunt which took a much better turn today. All the college tourists are gone, back to their colleges. Now as an 18-year-old townie who only goes to school two days a week I have a distinct advantage. Especially since I spoke to a manager today and applied to a store where my friend is already a model employee and has already promies to give me a wonderful recommendation (she better too. I got her a job where I worked before and she quit just two weeks later. She owes me.).
So then let’s just wrap this up with a few notes on my blogging to make up for the lack of…blogging.
- I watched SA episode 23 late last night. My initial reaction as I summed up in the in-progress post is basically, “…ehhhh…” because I’m really not sure what to make of it. Not bad, but it left me feeling kind of like that time I got lost in my own neighborhood when I was eight. Things seems familiar, but I still wasn’t quite sure what was going on.
- The Top Ten will be returning this week in a rather lackluster way. An easy top ten without much work, but hey. It’s something.
- I stand by everything I said in my post on Ranka, but I’m not replying to comments because…really. I already said what I had to say. It was just my take on it.
- Yeah…I’m still getting flamed by Tadamu fan(s). I weep for my country after learning that she’ll be 18 for the next election. Or at least she says she will be. Ah, even if she votes for who I intend to vote for, it’ll just make me a sad girl anyway. I don’t want my candidate to win that way. (BTW, my attention to the two conventions can also explain some of my absence recently.)
- Another note about Tadamu fans. They’re not the reason I’m not blogging. I’m having fun with them. But I’m keeping the fun to myself because I don’t want that to become a defining trait of my blog. I’d rather be the blind fangirl than the Destroyer of shipping flamers. Though both are kind of fun.
- I finally have a couple of Complexity posts in the works as well as another article. Expect at least one of them sometime this month.
- …I ordered my cute little Eru figure with her cute little egg. She comes with flow cards. The instant I get her, I’m setting up a bragging post.
- Oh, and miraculously while I was sick, I figured out how I’m going to handle blogging everything I want to blog once Fall comes around. I’ll save that for when I actually decide what I’ll be watching and post my schedule in October.
- My Japanese Learning has also been stalled in favor of the absolute Devil that is Algebra. I failed the first course in High School, I never got to complete the second course because my tutor decided that considering my track record with math, it was better to focus on courses I could actually pass, and I failed my placement test over the Summer for the college (though oddly enough I scored in the top 10% for math on my MCAS. Go figure…). So no posts for that for a while.
- Nogizaka Haruka is temporarily on Hold because I’m moping about the lack of super fluff recently.
- And in case you hadn’t heard…Amuto in the next episode of Shugo Chara. So um, even if my overall enthusiasm for the series has been fading a little…still HELL YEAH for the missing Amuto scene finally getting in there. (Hell…yeah)
And that’s really it. It’ll all be blogging as usual soon. I’m starting to get back into the swing of school already. I already figured out how to avoid the potential crisis that would have been Fall, so by the time the week is over, it should be business as usual.
Now then…back to Middlesex. Twenty pages before school tomorrow…I can do it! I used to stay up until 2:00 AM on school nights finishing off homework that should have been done at normal hours all the time! Of course that’s what lead to sickly girl, but let’s not remember that.
And oh yeah…rambling text…here’s a picture.
Sakura from CCS. Because CLAMP and Tsubasa Chronicle have been pissing me off and I want to remember a time when they didn’t piss me off. (I should catch up with Kobato…that doesn’t piss me off)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.