Nakayoshi~!July 13, 2008 at 12:56 pm | Posted in Merchandise | 16 Comments
Tags: cute~!, drama!!!
Hehe, when I found out the issue came, I sang “Nakayoshi~!” like they do in the commercials. It took a while, but I have it now. I was a little worried because I didn’t know when I should be expecting it, but now I know. I just got it yesterday. So I can expect it a little before the middle of the month.
So, I just need that Eru keychain and then all of my anxiety will disappear. Eru~!
(Oh yeah, I’ll get the Episode 40 post done sometime later today)
Before I go any further, I want to brag. I got an extra issue of the July issue. That means an extra towel and everything too. There was a misunderstanding, so they started my subscription with the issue I already had. They had a “no return” policy, so I was worried, but when I asked if I could return it, they told me to keep it. They’ll start my subscription with the August issue anyway. But I get to keep the other issue~!
I love it when a company takes responsibility. It’s the right thing, but it’s just so rare. Now I really recommend Sasuga for anyone who needs to order a Japanese book.
But about the August issue…I got two Shugo Chara! furoku.
This first one is a really cute pouch that’s supposed to be like an orange. o cute~! I like the picture of chibi Amu.
Of course..I have no idea what I’ll use it for, but it’s still cute.
I also got this really cute deck of Shugo Chara tarot cards. They’re really small, and not really impressive but…cute~!
There’s 21 cards and they’re all pretty much illustrations that have just already been done. But they’re all really cute. Here are some of my favorites (or ones that I just find worth mentioning):
Ha! Ikuto is up higher than Tadase on the lovers card. And Amu and Ikuto get the “Wheel of Fortune” card together. And more love for Amuto…lock and key~!
And as far as the picture of Eru goes…that’s added there because I seem to have misplaced the actual card with Eru on it! Nooo! It was for judgment and it was really cute! I hope I find it soon. Sheesh…I wish I lost Tadase instead.
And these are just two images I wanted to point out. A cute picture of Amu and a cool picture Utau and Ikuto! We’ll be seeing them together like that in episode 41, won’t we? Woo! Looking forward to it!
And more flow cards. I keep trying to fight against the urge to get Flow cards, but now there’s one with Utau and Ikuto and Utau and Amu and…I want them all!!! Dammit.
But moving right along to what everyone wants…chapter 31 discussion! Plenty of spoilers beyond here, so back off.
I’ve been busy, so I haven’t gotten the chance to read much yet, but thanks to someone who sent me an e-mail, I was better able to understand what’s happening.
Basically, as a wrap-up:
- Amu is all emo about what happened in the last chapter
- Amu meets that little boy from before (the one she gave some taiyaki to I think)
- Tadase stops being lame about Ikuto after talking to Kukai about his brothers (Kukai has like…four brothers)
- Utau sends Amu a message saying that she’ll be in Hawaii and is trusting Amu with Ikuto’s feelings (or something)
- Amu stops being emo, transforms and goes to find Ikuto. She ends up at the amusement park (the one from their late night date) and finds Ikuto with a blank stare.
- Ikuto transforms with a different egg into “Death Rebel” it seems. Which explains why Ikuto’s chara-nari looked so different at the end of chapter 29
- Ikuto destroys the merry-go-round with his scythe because he’s trying to go after Amu
- When Ikuto goes after Amu again, Amu realizes she’s in front of the tea cups and refuses to move
- Before Amu gets hit, Tadase shows up to help her
- Tadase and Ikuto fight a little, Tadase tells Ikuto about how he’s no longer being lame (basically, I think he calls him “nii-san” or something again)
- The dumbass director shows up when Ikuto is about to snap out of it and then messes everything up (I fucking hate that dude)
- Amu and Tadase fight the director quickly with a combined attack
- Amu gives a speech about her eggs and stuff
- The egg that might be the embryo appears after Amu’s speech and the chapter ends
Whoa…this was a jam-packed chapter. I’m really wondering when the manga will end now. It probably won’t be too soon. There’s still a few stories that need to get finished. I’m betting on at least three more chapters.
It’ll sort of be a shame if the manga ends so soon after the anime though…because then the anime-original ending with pretty much be for nothing. Lame.
I especially like Utau’s message to Amu and the fact that Amu was willing to get hurt so she could protect the tea cups~! This is why Amu and Ikuto have to be the OTP! The drama and sacrifice! It’s the best! They’re better than any other pairing in Shugo Chara!
And…I don’t hate Tadase quite as much because of this chapter. But I will always find him lame and a shallow character. He should have known from the beginning that Ikuto wasn’t bad. And I hate him because he didn’t.
Tadase won’t be forgiven for his awfulness until Amu confesses her feelings to Ikuto right in front of the supid prince! Ha! That would be awesome.
Hmm…but I’m wondering what will happen in the next chapter. Any ideas anyone? I have a small one.
The stupid director gets his hands on the embryo and Ikuto’s still under his control (and forced to go with the dude). Then everything is all emo for a while until Amu realizes her true feelings for Ikuto! Hahahaha!
Okay…that’s not what I think will happen. It’s really what I want to happen.
Shit. Now I have to wait a month to find out what else happens. At least I have the awesome Dia arc in the anime to keep me occupied. And I still haven’t forgotten about the anime. I’m posting about episode 40 soon.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.