Sakura Hime Kaden (First Impressions)December 11, 2008 at 11:57 am | Posted in Sakura-Hime Kaden | 14 Comments
Tags: Arina Tanemura, cute~!
Well, I did this for Mistress Fortune, so I decided to give my first impressions after just seeing the raw scans of Sakura Hime Kaden too. Too impatient to wait for translations!
Normally, I would have translated some pages myself (with my fail Japanese), but to keep going with the “first impressions” idea, I decided to do the same “fun” little guessing game. Feel free to shoot down my random thoughts. I’ll probably be shooting them down myself. Except for the fact that most of them are based on how pretty or cute certain things are…
So! I’m mostly getting a Time Stranger Kyoko and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne combo feeling from this one. With the action and such. I mean, combine those two and kind of put them in the past and I guess we have Sakura Hime Kaden.
Well, it’s not that simple obviously, but you get the idea. That’s the way I can explain the first impression feeling.
As for what else to say…I don’t have much left. Sakura Hime Kaden seems to be quite different from other Arina Tanemura manga simply because it takes place in the past. I know Time Stranger Kyoko took place in “the future” but it still had a present-day feeling to it most of the time.
So, I’m very excited about this series. It just seems so cute and I’m looking forward to all the pretty art we’ll get with those pretty kimono.
- OMG! Sakura is way too fucking cute! She kind of looks younger than she actually is, but that doesn’t matter. Cute.
- Hahaha~ Blushing~
- Oh. Sakura got called a bear. We have a mean boy~
- btw what’s mean boy’s name? (I’m not translating anything, remember?)
- Hehe~ Sakura is so easily embarassed and gets mad so easily too. So cute.
- Wtf!? Tiny person? So…cute! I want one! Look at her little clothes!!!
- Lots of shots of the moon. Has me thinking of that Kaguya-hime story since this takes place in the Heian era.
- Ooo. Even if Arina-sensei is still using her older tyle for her eyes, she still pulls of the beautiful shots better than anyone.
- Uh…I have no idea what’s happening in this part without reading it. Did Sakura run away or something?
- My goodness Sakura is so cute (and pretty~)
- OMG DEMON!!!
- Ah. Brave mean boy~ (with a stupid hat)
- I see a badass sword!
- I cheated a little (maybe) because I recognized the furigana for the kanji on the paper (or cloth) Sakura was given. It said “metsu” but that doesn’t tell me anything since I don’t know what it means.
- Transformation into badass Sakura! Yay! (Though we didn’t get to see the actual transformation, so I’m a little confused)
- Hey she uses a fan! (Reminds me of Jeanne)
- Looks like badass sword might have been too heavy for her at first~ (or maybe hard to control)
- YEAH! Die demon! I think the girl we have here can definitely win the “most badass Arina Tanemura Character” contest easily.
- Aw…but she’s crying (it’s okay though, she’s so cute…)
- And smiling! So cute~ (Oho~ We have a blushing brave mean boy~ with a stupid hat)
- Hm. Wonder how many people know that Sakura was Sakura (because if it’s not many then we have our story!)
- Oh. Sakura doesn’t look happy! And now our story can begin~!
Meh. I need to go through and try to properly read it. Wish I had a subscription to Ribon. It would make it so much easier. (I hate translating off the computer!) Why do I live in a place with no Japanese bookstores within a reasonable driving distance either!?
Someday though. Someday. I’ll get a subscription at least.
Now then, how is everyone else liking Sakura Hime Kaden? If you haven’t even seen the raw scans yet, the Shinshi Doumei Cross Forum is nice and active again with this new series. Nice people have scanned the chapter to share with the rest of us.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.